Tuesday 13 March 2012

10 FOR TUESDAYS - BOODDHA

Welcome back to our '10 For Tuesdays' feature, this week we have Dutch producer Booddha going under the spotlight. So lets get straight into it.

When did you start making music and what was it that led you to start?
I think it was about 4 years ago, I was already really deep into electronic music and I wanted to give it a try for myself. I started reading massive amount of tutorials and made full albums to try everything out.

What software do you use to make music?
Well, friends laugh at me for using it but I started using FL Studio and I still use it. I am not ashamed of it haha. Just as long as you don’t call it “Fruity Loops”
What one piece of software/hardware could you not live without?
Pff, I guess my massive, vintage, electronic organ. I don’t use it a lot in tracks but its very handy if you got a melody in your head and you want to play it immediately.

Who are your main influences both producers and artists?
I’ve got a lot of influences but the biggest are Koreless, Joy Orbison, Disclosure, James Blake, Sepalcure, Bondax, Supertramp and SBTRKT.




Who would be your favourite artist to collaborate with?
I think Disclosure, they really opened my ears and they are really original.

How do you think the Internet has helped musicians?
The internet allows musicians to build up their ‘Hype’ so to speak. Blogs take a really big role in it. People retweet, like, share and read like madmen nowadays.

What advice would you give to an up and coming producer/artist from your own experiences?
Kinda cheesy but just believe in it. If you are not secure about your work, people won’t really like it either.

If you were stuck on a desert island, which other artist would you want to be stuck with?
Souljaboy, so I can laugh my ass off all day.

What artists in the chart are you impressed with at the moment?
Bondax are really killing it at the moment, there are also a lot of soundcloud mates who are doing great things like REKchampa, Nifkin, Tony Devotion, Morning High and Casset.

And finally what do you think about StudioBookers and why would you recommend it to your friends?
Sounds pretty handy, I have no idea how to find decent studio’s in my neighbourhood!


You can find Booddha on:
Twitter
Soundcloud
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin